CLEANING BIOLOGICAL SAFETY CABINET AFTER USE
- Beard cover if required
- Face mask with PAPR (Powered Air Purifying Respirator) or fit-tested N95 mask
- Head cover
- Shoe cover followed by water-resistant shoe covers
- 2 HD gowns or 1 non-HD gown & HD gown overtop
- 2 pairs sterile nitrile gloves
- You must wear goggles and face shield with fit-tested N95 mask for cleaning
1) Remove all items from the Biological Safety Cabinet (ex: iPad, etc)
2) Insert Easy Reach Cleaning Tool Head into the large pocket of the Easy Reach Cleaning Pad then stretch the smaller pocket of the cleaning pad over the other end of the mop head frame and release.
3) Pour some Periodox RTU onto the Easy Reach cleaning pad and re-wet as needed
4) Start at the back left corner of the HEPA Filter Grill (top of the hood working from left to right using horizontal overlapping strokes, working back to front. Make sure and even coating of solution is applied and no gap spots are missed
5) Start at the top left corner of the back wall working from left to right. Use horizontal overlapping strokes, working from top to bottom
6) Start at the top back corner of the side wall and work down using vertical overlapping strokes, working back to front. Work around irregular surfaces such as the supply valves and outlets.
7) Pour some Peridox RTU onto a lint free towel and wipe down any irregular surfaces, including the areas around them including the bar, hooks, outlets, etc.
8) Wipe the Front Glass Shield in the closed position, starting at the top left corner working from left to right. Use vertical overlapping strokes, working from top to bottom.
9) Start at the back left corner of the work surface working from left to right. Use horizontal overlapping strokes, working back to front.
10) Allow surfaces cleaned with Peridox RTU to remain wet for 3 minutes.
11) Remove Easy Reach Cleaning pad and place in a chemo disposable bag and place in chemo trash can
12) Insert a new Easy Reach Cleaning pad onto the easy reach cleaning Tool.
13) Pour some Sterile 70% Isopropyl Alcohol onto the each reach cleaning pad and re-wet as needed
14) Repeat steps 4 thru 11. To clean the irregular surfaces use a Sterile 70% Alcohol wipe.
15) Pour Peridox RTU on a lint free cloth and wipe I pad, scanner, and Easy Reach cleaning tool prior to placing items back into the Biological Safety cabinet. Repeat with Sterile 70% Isopropyl Alcohol wipe.
16) Document hood cleaning in the Pharmacy Keeper log under Daily hood cleaning Biological Safety Cabinet in the daily activities tile
17) Remove outer gloves, outer HD gown, and outer shoe covers in chemo room and place in chemotherapy waste can. *If wearing PAPR, wipe PAPR hood with HD Clean Wipes then remove outer HD gown, and outer shoe covers. Remove the inner gloves and put on another pair of Sterile Nitrile gloves*
18) Once inside Ante room remove other pair of gloves and wash hands, then remove rest of PPE and dispose in chemo trash. *If wearing PAPR, remove PAPR head cover and re-wipe with HD Clean Wipes then disconnect PAPR head cover from the breathing tube and place head cover in a plastic bag with your hame on it for storage. Turn PAPR off and unbuckle PAPR unit from waist and place PAPR unit and breathing tube into the tote to be taken to SPD for terminal cleaning. Remove gloves and wash hands, then remove rest of PPE and dispose in chemo trash. *