CLEANING LAMINAR AIRFLOW HOOD AFTER COMPOUNDING NON-ANTINEOPLASTIC AND REPRODUCTIVE RISK MEDS
- Beard cover if required
- Face mask
- Head cover
- Shoe cover
- HD gown
- 2 pairs sterile nitrile gloves
1) Wipe Laminar Airflow Hood work surface with HD Clean Wipe 1, starting in the back left corner working horizontally from left to right using overlapping strokes, then repeat for HD Clean Wipe 2.
2) Place used HD clean wipes in a plastic bag when done cleaning and remove outer pair of sterile gloves and place in the same bag to be disposed in chemotherapy trash can in ante room.
3) Remove 2nd pair of gloves and place in trash can
4) Document hood cleaning in Pharmacy Keeper log under Hazardous hood cleaning of the Laminar Airflow hood in the daily activities tile.