NON-ANTINEOPLASTIC OR REPRODUCTIVE RISK
1) Don PPE:
- 2 pairs XT nitrile gloves
- HD gown (chemo)
- Face shield & goggles if there is a risk of splashing or spills
2) Remove bulk bottle or unit dose cup of oral liquid from MedCarousel or designated bin on the NIOSH shelf.
3) Print MILT labels.
4) Place chemotherapy mat on pharmacy counter (Chemo mat and gloves must be changed with each different oral liquid being re-packaged).
5) Draw up required dose from bulk bottle/unit dose cup into oral syringe and cap the end of the syringe.
6) Wipe outside of oral syringe and bulk bottle with HD clean wipe.
7) Remove outer gloves and label oral syringe with MILT label.
8) Place bulk bottle or used unit dose cups in plastic bag.
9) Clean counter with HD clean wipes; dispose all PPE and trash in chemo trash can in ante room.
10) Wash hands with soap and water.
11) Have another pharmacist check oral syringe and sign off in MILT
12) Dispose empty bulk bottles/unit dose cups in Black Hazardous Container.